MultiColouredMaddie

Random thoughts and rants.

Monday, July 21, 2003

Bikes and Wardrobes

Well, that's the bedroom all finished. It took ALL week! We basically did a wardrobe a night, then Sat/Sun was spend moving all the furniture around, clearing all the crap from under the bed and relocating it, touching up the ceiling and putting in those wall transfer things I bought ages ago. It's definitely been worth it, though. It just looks so much better it's unbelievable.

On the bike front, the bike lesson I had on Thursdat went really well - I had a great time and enjoyed it far more than I did the last one. So much so, I've booked a guaranteed licence course which means I have to take two lessons a week from now until I pass. Hopefully I should pass before uni starts so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

I've decided not to do direct access which means that when I pass the test, I'll be limited to riding a 33bhp bike for two years which isn't too bad. You can restrict bigger bikes, but I think I'll go for a 250 - probably something like the Yamaha XVS250 Drag Star custom at 21bhp (seen here: http://www.phmotorcycles.co.uk/XVS250%20DRAG%20STAR.html). This has taken a bit of a load off my mind as I think that was what was worrying me so much about passing my test; I feel quite comfortable and confident on my 125 and the thought of going straight up from a 12bhp bike to a 50bhp bike was rather mind-bending.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home